HOW TO CLEAN AND CARE FOR YOUR BAEPHIRE JEWELRY:
The majestic silver color of 925 sterling silver stays shiny and glamorous for many years, but with time, natural processes cause oxidization and tarnishing. These tips will help you to keep your silver's glow.
- Clean your silver jewelry with a cleaning cloth- using jewelry cloths to clean silver once a week or so will keep sterling silver jewelry shining brightly. It should remove all dark stains and oxidization, however, if the piece of jewelry has an intentional dark definitions- using this cloth may remove it as well, use the cleaning cloth carefully.
- Store the jewelry in a box, closed drawer or in a zip lock plastic bag, which will prevent tarnishing and from getting them scratched during storage.
- Taking a shower or washing and drying your hands with your silver jewelry is allowed and even recommended. Water and mild soap will help keeping the silver clean.
- When doing cleaning chores and using cleaning products (for example doing the dishes), it is advisable to take off all jewelry. Harsh chemicals in the cleaning products may harm the jewelry and cause tarnishing.
- Swimming in the ocean or pool with jewelry is not recommended, the chlorine and salty water can damage silver.
- During the hot seasons silver jewelry will tarnish quicker then usual, causing by the oxidization from sweat and humidity in the air.